Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Tales of the Cryptids: Mysterious Creatures That May or May Not Exist by Kelly Milner Halls


Cryptozoology is the study of animals that may or may not be real: familiar animals like Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster, and those that are less familiar like the Marozi of Kenya, the Orang-pendek of Sumatra and the Thylacine of Tasmania. Meet these and more in this introduction to cryptozoology. Hey, they used to say that the giant squid was just a myth. The coelacanth was supposed to be extinct long ago until a fisherman pulled one up in his nets. Who's to say that Bigfoot doesn't really exist.

Check out the companion website.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited that my book made the Lone Star Reading List. I was born and raised in Texas, so this one means a whole lot to me. Thanks so much for making my year.

Kelly Milner Halls
www.kellymilnerhalls.com
kellymilnerh@aol.com

Anonymous said...

OMG that is your book? That is so awesome!I love the book I just have to say. It is interesting all the things some people beleive in.

Recent Comments